Evaluating the alternatives
The study team has identified several interchange alternatives, including a “no build” option. The team developed the following two-step evaluation process to help choose the alternative that best meets the project’s purpose and need.
Step 1 - Fatal flaw screening
We analyzed the alternatives for the following:
- Compatibility with Bellevue’s plans and policies
- Compliance with federal and state policies
- Feasibility of construction
Using this process, we eliminated several alternatives.
Step 2 - Alternatives evaluation
We are evaluating the alternatives that passed the fatal flaw screening based on the following criteria:
- Travel time
- Missing links, barriers or conflict points
- Impact on property development
- Alignment with adopted plans
- Stakeholder support
- Community input
Learn more about the preliminary alternatives and take our survey on the next tab.
Consultation has concluded